Parasitic Circuits: The Secrets of Scientology

It’s just an ordinary A4 page of handwritten notes, scribbled during an interview. But what disturbs me are the ticks after each memory described by the candidate. “Mother has Parkinson’s disease, lost balance and fell, got upset.” Two ticks. “Feeling under pressure at work, can’t cope.” A flurry of eager ticks, the latter two made with such fervour that the pen has torn through the paper. The interviewer is clearly enthused by having found somebody vulnerable. Welcome to Scientology.

Created in 1952 by the American sci-fi noveliest L. Ron Hubbard as a get-rich-quick scheme, it disguises its profiteering as a religious organisation, providing self-improvement seminars to the public for an unspecified cost. This benign front belies the Church’s cultish practices of withholding information about its official doctrines for economic gain, isolating its members, and prosecuting its critics. I’ve just found the page described above in an ‘auditing’ room of Scientology’s headquarters in Queen Victoria Street, London. I’ve visited on a quiet Saturday morning, claiming to be a curious passer-by. Left alone to wander around their Information Centre and fill out their infamous personality test, I’m looking for evidence that Scientology attracts new members by exploiting their insecurities, but I didn’t expect to find anything this explicit. Or anything at all.

Most of the filing cabinets are empty, matching the bland but spotlessly clean offices. The last cabinet in Auditing Room 4 contains a bright yellow, spiral-bound manual entitled “Division 6: Testing Line Drills”. It’s a set of instructions on drawing in new Scientologists. A paragraph in all-caps on a page headed “Successful Phone Patter” catches my eye: “NOTE: IN USING THIS PATTER DO NOT GET INTO EXPLAINING OR TELLING THE PERSON ABOUT DIANETICS AND SCIENTOLOGY OVER THE PHONE, NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY TRY TO GET YOU TO TELL THEM. THIS WILL WRECK THE ‘COME-ON’ PER THE ABOVE POLICY AND THE PERSON WON’T COME IN THEN, AS YOU GAVE THEM THE DATA!” A Hubbard quotation at the top of the page similarly urges the proselytiser to “keep the prospect’s appetite for knowledge and mystery well stimulated… so that he will and does become an actual Scientologist”. I keep this in mind as I head downstairs (stolen papers stuffed to the bottom of my backpack) to find someone to evaluate my personality test. Having answered its two hundred strange questions – “Do you browse through railway timetables, directories, or dictionaries just for pleasure?” “Do you get occasional twitches of your muscles, when there is no logical reason for it?” – entirely at random, I’m curious about the results. I ask a young man carefully rearranging the unsold stacks of shrink-wrapped Hubbard books in the Dianetics exhibition, and he calls for a colleague to help me. The woman who arrives is my age, with waist-length blonde hair and immaculate make- up. She takes my test for marking, and returns once for clarification on one question where I’ve accidentally ticked across two boxes. She also asks me to add a postcode to the (fake) address I’ve supplied. After around ten minutes, she calls me over to her computer. The screen shows a line graph that peaks in the middle, with lower points trailing on each side, similar to that pictured. Katie (not her real name) sits opposite me and explains the results.

The personality test is officially called “Oxford Capacity Analysis”, which she claims was developed at the university (actually by an American football player, Ray Kemp, who had no links to Oxford). The graph shows that I’m low on such qualities as stability, happiness, and composure. The dramatic spike in the centre corresponds to aggression (“which here means ambition,” she adds helpfully) and activity. So I have a lot of potential to do well in life, but often feel insecure and nervous about confiding in other people. Sometimes I’m very sociable, but at other times I just want to be by myself. I recognise the Forer effect in what she’s telling me: the vagueness of her description means it can apply to everyone. This method is commonly used by psychics, astrologers, and literature students. The evaluation continues. Katie asks for possible reasons for the poor happiness results, and I admit to a history of depression and an attempted overdose. She seizes on this and asks a series of questions in a soft monotone, rarely breaking eye contact. How long have I been depressed? Am I taking medication? What kind and how often? When did I overdose? Why? Then what happened? Am I scared I’ll overdose again? My results show that I’m heading for a nervous breakdown if I can’t get some help soon. I’ve prepared for this, but it’s still a shock. I quietly answer Katie’s questions, and avoid eye contact. I think of pretending to cry, but decide that would be overkill, and ask her what I should do. Since I’m on psychiatric medication and its toxins will remain in my body for years, she explains, I’m not eligible for auditing – their brand of counselling which aims to expel traumatic memories known as “engrams” (caused by the trapped souls of alien ghosts, according to Hubbard’s doctrine). Instead she recommends a £24 self-help course, claiming how much it has benefited her.

When I decline, she doesn’t push the issue, simply repeating that I need to get some kind of help. I’m impressed by her gentle approach, but moreso by how well she can praise the benefits of Scientology without giving away any kind of concrete information about it. The patter system works. As we leave the exhibit and she wishes me good luck, all I can think is that she’d be the worst kind of tute partner. But that’s probably just my engrams talking.

Share/Bookmark

30 Responses to "Parasitic Circuits: The Secrets of Scientology"

1. Paul Schroeder  03/11/2010 at 12:00

A very interesting article, following up on John Sweeney’s investigations for the BBC which I thought focused a bit too much on Scientology being an American cult, rather than a problem here.

I find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop, though: Scientology does not take this kind of news article lying down, and only lawyers do well when Scientologists get upset. Good luck…

Paul

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  2. Cudgel  03/11/2010 at 13:50

Has the local constabulary calld yet to reclaim the pilfered papers? Exactly what are they?

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  3. Bert  03/11/2010 at 13:59

Thank you for the article. Scientology targets university students because they are generally in a life transition and can be relatively naive. But deceptive recruiting is just the tip of the iceberg. Scientology is a dangerous criminal cult that destroys families and ruins lives.

There is a reason why Justice Latey of the High Court of London said:
    “Scientology is both immoral and socially obnoxious…It is corrupt, sinister and dangerous. It is corrupt because it is based on lies and deceit”

Do your homework and help bring an end to this dangerous cult.

http://www.xenu.net

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: -1 (from 1 vote)
  4. Emily  03/11/2010 at 14:09

Wow. I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt here, and genuinely hope you were being honest when you wrote you were “left alone to wander around.” If it’s true, that is a fantastic sign of just how bad of a spiraling decline the “church” has fallen into. In fifteen years of following Scientology, I have not heard one single account of anybody being left alone for a mere second. Not at the Celebrity Centre Sunday brunches, not at the L. Ron Hubbard Life exhibit, not at the “Industry of Death” so-called “museum,” and certainly not ever at an Org. Not even to feed the parking meter. Hell, Katie “Kate” Holmes was not so much as allowed to go to the restroom alone. It’s one of the things that makes them so damn creepy to outsiders. And your auditor didn’t push the issue? How very downstat of her. I hope that doesn’t land her on the RPF (if you don’t know what that means, please Google “rehabilitation project force.” Welcome to learning that there are gulags alive and well in Western Civilization. Welcome to church).

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: -1 (from 1 vote)
  5. a friend  03/11/2010 at 14:29

For more information on the “Church” of $cientology, just Wikipedia
    Scientoloty, or Dianetics, or XENU, or L Ron Hubbard.

Then come back here and tell us what your found.

Or better yet, tell a friend what you found. Spread the good news of Scientology to all the world!

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  6. Caro Estrello  03/11/2010 at 15:21

You point out why $cientology will fail utterly in the age of the web. They cloak themselves in religion but will not talk about what they believe theologically, except in the vaguest terms, and they try to deny their big [stupid] Xenu secret and sell it for tens of thousands. All their methods of getting curious people to walk into Orgs, before checking them out on the web, will fail.

Before the web, the only way to REALLY find out — if you couldn’t find the few out-of-print books that were written by and handful of authors like Miller and Cooper — was to go in and submit yourself to their brainwashing process. Nor did people have easy access to old news stories about the cult. They couldn’t even hear nutty Hubbard “lecture” or see him on video. They got enough vulnerable people who thought it was worth a try. Now most people can read the tons of information about them on the web, including all their secret levels, and hundreds of stories about their coercive methods and abuses.

They won’t tell you their “purification” process is sauna, exercise and vitamins. It sounds too prosaic. Their aim is to get people trapped and paying up the increasingly expensive reverse pyramid fee structure.

$cientology will fill a person with hope, as long as they keep paying, but they will not tolerate critical thinking or criticism of of any kind.

One of the most telling signs, is that have special people assigned to helping people without money, or people who run out of money, to take out huge loans to keep paying into their scam.

For years, they fed on discontented and failing college students, who were directionless and not knowing what to do, grasped at something esoteric, that promises “all the answers.”

Too funny though, an Oxford student taking their “Oxford” capacity test. Good article!

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  7. DavidDe  03/11/2010 at 16:33

ANYONE can access the Scientology.org website and see videos from human rights, healthcare professionals, religious and law enforcement agencies praising L Ron Hubbard breakthroughs in solving deep seated social problems, such as drug abuse, illiteracy and criminality.

In reading your article, I was not really surprised as to how much you twisted what Scientology is, including a completely incorrect definition / usage of Dianetics.

The real issue is whether or not those who wish to evolve a downward spinning culture will continue to tolerate the wholesale drugging of its populations with mind altering psych drugs. Now, unborn children are absorbing these drugs through the psych drugs being pushed on pregnant women.

See CCHRint.org which accesses all public information databases to coordinate and compile the US government’s adverse reports re psych drugs.

ANYONE can take free “how-to” courses based upon the chapters at ScientolgyHandbook.org.

I don’t work for any Scientology or related organization. I’m a business man who has benefited from the technologies developed by Hubbard.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)
  8. Marc Abian  03/11/2010 at 16:55

In reply to DavidDE:

It is common knowledge that customers of the scientology enterprise are forbidden from accessing any critical information on the internet. Scientology even has a special term for critical speech, they call it “entheta”.

Thus the only people on the internet who defend the scientology enterprise in comments to news articles cannot be their ordinary customers: they would be punished for even having glanced at the article by being required to pay more money and do more special courses to make up for their “sin”.

DavidDE is therefore posing as an average client of the scientology enterprise, when he must actually be working for the company’s so-called “Office of Special Affairs”. Quoting from the 1991 TIME magazine article “Scientology: the thriving cult of greed and power”

“In my opinion the church has one of the most effective intelligence operations in the U.S., rivaling even that of the FBI,” says Ted Gunderson, a former head of the FBI’s Los Angeles office.

I know of no religion that has its own intelligence operation.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: -1 (from 1 vote)
  9. Emily  03/11/2010 at 17:46

I was going to scold DavidDe for not prefacing his comment with the typical “I’m not a Scientologist, but…” Then I noticed he chose to close with that false claim. Yes, he is a Scientologist and this is one of their current, typical tactics in combating online criticism. And like Scientology at large, everything David wrote is a lie, or what Hubbard deemed an “acceptable truth.”

Their pathological hatred of psychiatry stems from the nearly universal condemnation of Hubbard’s crock pot theories by professionals in that industry and the simple fact that, when it comes down to it, psychiatrists are Scientology’s competition for those seeking help with mental ailments.

You’re fooling no one, DavidDe. Get in a life boat before the Titanic sinks. There are plenty of wogs and ex-Scientologists out here to help you.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  10. DavidDe  03/11/2010 at 18:51

Reading my posting, there are typos. I wrote the comment without proofreading it. DavidDe

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  11. Tuesday's Child  03/11/2010 at 18:58

Sadly, this article exemplifies what prints when a writer allows a dishonest character and personal prejudices to drown professionalism and a desire to excel in one’s craft.

Worse, Oxford Student editors let it publish as-is. That won’t impress hiring editors in the real world.

Fortunately, people with an education in journalism or other writing see the above piece was conceived in proud deceit and then written to “justify” the writer’s dishonesty.

Do well at the tabloids.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  12. Josh Hoshenslosh  03/11/2010 at 19:02

Inoculating preclears with a serum of knowledge.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  13. scilon destroyer  03/11/2010 at 19:17

@DavidDe “solving deep seated social problems, such as drug abuse, illiteracy and criminality.”

REALLY? With Narconon? You mean your shitty drug rehab that boasts a 70% success rate but barely passes 20?

Don’t even get me started on all the trouble narconon is in worldwide, or how applied scholastics and criminon are also miserable failiures.

All one has to really do is google scientology, dianetics, narconon, criminon, applied scholastics to find out all about the evils of the cult of scientology.

This is the internet age david, your silly cult can’t hide in the shadows anymore. I hope one day you get out and see for yourself.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  14. DavidDe  03/11/2010 at 19:21

MARVELOUS (ironic use) “Tuesday’s Child” threatens Oxford Student (re future hiring) whilst describing me as “dishonest.” Alas, she hasn’t stated what his/her profession, what his/her religion is and most important, what he/she has done to improve society.

Well, I’ve got to get back to work. Cheers!

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  15. someguy  03/11/2010 at 19:34

DaveDe is going to be three Scientology Office of Special Affairs agents posting under one pseudonym, from their Scientology-owned IP block. In the past this same entity has called itself “James Lightfield”, google that for some lutzes, oh btw hi Terryeo!

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  16. Roger  04/11/2010 at 20:20

The emphasis of Scientology is on work having followers always working for its purpose.
    It can be like what hung over the nazi concentration camps “arbeit macht frei” or work makes one free.
    Once in Scientology u must always be do & have Scientology.
    The thing about Scientology is that it does have truths that when applied are workable & which captivates people to also become part of what are also its very many lies and corrupt ideas.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  17. Old OT 7  04/11/2010 at 20:42

To DavidDe & Tuesday’s Child:

Yeah, right. LOL!!!

There are NO “OT” powers. You won’t be able to leave your body with “full perceptions.” You won’t be able to “read minds.” You won’t be able to more physical objects at will. You will continue to get sick. You will still be susceptible to getting cancer and dying.

Ok, here is this cults Holy Of Holys: The Big Con Man Said:

Seventy Five million years ago, this planet (called Teegeeak back then and was a ‘prison planet”) was part of Galactic Federation (space patrol anyone?). The Federation had just elected an alien named Xenu (pronounced Zee-nu) to the Supreme Ruler (Rulah as Hubbard called him). Xenu had an over population problem. The average population per planet was 175 BILLION aliens (our planet had 250 BILLION whatever they were). Now, never mind that these is not one shred of evidence of their existence! Hubbard said it so it is so!

Xenu called in aliens from all over the galaxy for tax audits (Yep, even back then!). When the aliens came in, Xenu had them frozen in water and glycol (“Guaranteed to trap a thetan!” Hubbard said).
    He few 13 TRILLION aliens in space ships that looked EXACTLY like DC-8 (from the 50s and 60s) to earth. It took 9 weeks. He dumped the frozen aliens in volcanoes in Hawaii and elsewhere. Then he dropped H-bombs on them to kill them. Their souls rose up to the sky on the nuclear wind. Xenu had planned for this and had giant soul catchers in the sky! The souls were them taken to implant stations around earth and made to watch 36 days of 3-D movies on Christ, Christianity and other religions to implant a false reality in these aliens souls (Hubbard says all religions on earth are from these implants). These souls were then released. The clustered together not know who they were. Around 35,000 years ago, they found human bodies they could attach themselves to. All humans have 2,000 to 3,000 (more is your rich!) aliens souls attached to them. And that, friends, is where are of your problems come from. The cult charges $500 to $1,000 AN HOUR to help you rid yourself of your “body thetans.” And it can take years, and years and years!

That’s OT3

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  18. Old OT 7  04/11/2010 at 20:54

BTW, if you want to see the secret of OT 3 in full color, go to:

http://www.xenu.net Scroll down to the bottom of the home page to “Always Remember to Laugh.” Click on “South Park’s Take On Scientology.” Wait for it to ramp up and watch. This is the best description of OT 3 there is. It’s right on the money! Why do they guard the secret of OT 3 so viciously? If you read this upon starting with them you’d be ROTFLYBO (Rolling on the floor laughing your butt off!). After that you’d be walking out the door.

South Park’s right to free speech has been suspended only twice. Once when militant Muslims issued a not so veiled threat of violence when South Park depicted Mohammad in a bear costume. The second was the ‘savior’ of organized scientology, Tom Cruise, DEMANDING they not show it again. You’ll see why when you watch it. Hmmm, militant Islam and scientology. Two peas out of the same pod.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  19. funny girl  05/11/2010 at 01:37

After 30 years and near 500,000 still can’t move any objects. I am however out and free now . The OT3 data above is in fact true.The mind games are true.
    The beatings do really happen.The lack of care and the utter abuse of people/staff just wanting to help is true.The money taken and the family’s destroyed are true. Even OT’s children fail over and over with Narcanon as a cure yet they keep paying,after spending thousands to become cause over life.This too is true and seen first hand.Taking good souls looking to do good things in life and feeding them just enough workable truth is the biggest lie and this too is true!

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  20. John Davis  05/11/2010 at 15:50

Funny isn’t it. Hubbard is described as a Science Fiction writer. It’s true. He wrote science fiction and lots of other kinds of fiction too.

Why?

To finance his research into the mind and life. He didn’t want to be beholden to any government body, university or vested interest.

Describing Hubbard as a science fiction writer is like describing Nelson Mandela as a jail bird.

It misses the point.

And by the way, I’m another druggie who got into a horrible mess and who used Scientology to get me out of it. Scientology didn’t get me out of it, I did. But I couldn’t have done it without Scientology. Scientology provided the road, but I had to walk it.

That was 40 years ago.

I’m very glad that I did and I’m very glad that Scientology is there.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)
  21. Caro Estrello  05/11/2010 at 18:49

To John Davis… perhaps as a result of your past drug addiction, you miss that fact that Hubbard flunked out of college in his second year?

His galactic “research” of tomatoes, hypnosis and the benefits of cigarette smoking etc. is recognized only by brainwashed cult members.

His alluvial effluvium of output fertilizes only the minds of the 50,000, or less, who still believe in this rapidly deteriorating scam. No one, in any other field, ever mentions so-called “research finding” of L. Ron Hubbard, except as a joke.

Instead, Scientology is studied only as a cult, for its ability to implant false memories in its adherents and get them to buy into almost anything, to the point of members believing they are above the law and will be the law one day.

So, quit trying to convince people your scam is some kind of secret science, that works because you were willing to sign a billion year contract, to shill and lie for them.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: -1 (from 1 vote)
  22. Tuesday's Child  06/11/2010 at 08:19

It’s always interesting to a civilised reader to differentiate the snide, destructive and combative tones of the Scientology-haters from the calm and reasoned words of the Scientologists.

A person would think there was a lesson to be learnt!

Much love!

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)
  23. Caro Estrello  06/11/2010 at 16:57

Oh Tuesday’s Child, could Terryeo by any other name lie as sweetly?

Scientology is all about love isn’t it…you just love to shaft people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, to buy into your Xenu secret, and brainwash people into believing Hubbard had all the answers and you are the only ones who can “save the planet.”

I think it is time for you to report to Gestapo headquarters for a security check. Your lies just do not match the facts.

Love and kisses,

Xenu

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: -1 (from 1 vote)
  24. MD  07/11/2010 at 13:41

Having been in scientology 30 years I can say there is truth in both sides of argument here. There is genuinely plenty in scientology of value and that could be used constuctively. Unfortunately the organisation has evolved into an only-one cult, meaning they have made the time-honoured mistake all religions seem to make saying “ours is the only truth”. This inevitably leads to all kinds of thought-stopping behaviour which is entirely contradictory to the stated tenets of the subject, which is to find out what is true for YOU. For example, every course in scientology starts with a policy called “Keeping scientology working” which states that scientology is the only subject able to salvage the Earth’s population from the trillions of years of decline. (Paraphrased). If you query this, you must go back and find out what word(s) you didn’t understand. In other words, if you question the basic doctrine, it is never because the docrine is wrong – YOU must have misunderstood something.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  25. Caro Estrello  07/11/2010 at 17:20

MD…are you serious? “Evolved” into an “ours is the only truth” religion?

Read Russell Miller’s BARE-FACED MESSIAH (free online), which sheds a lot of light on Hubbard’s personal life, and the development of $cientology, the “religion” Hubbard created since Dianetics was put out of business by the “evil psych” medical authorities early on.

Of course, it started out as just some ideas, and Hubbard published the outline for Dianetics in a pulp magazine called ASTOUNDING SCIENCE FICTION.

The “stated tenants of the religion” are contradictory, and were specifically designed to hook people on Scientology, and get them to keep paying up the reverse pyramid to “total freedom.” Why else would Sea Org members be required to sign a BILLION YEAR contract?

Any wisdom/effectiveness in Scientology is borrowed from Buddhism and Freudian psychology. Talk therapy helps some people overcome trauma.

David Miscavige did not formulate Keeping Scientology Working or “clearing the planet” as Scientology’s highest dynamic. Hubbard did that, and if you think he did that because he wasn’t interested in sales, money and power, well then, you’re a Scientologist…your reality is “what is true for you,” untainted by facts or conventional scientific method.

It was Hubbard’s claim in the 50′s that he had discovered the most important thing for mankind since the wheel and fire. He makes that claim right in Dianetics. He went on thereafter to blither on about the last 4 quadrillion years of history, man’s evolution from the clam (THE HISTORY OF MAN), and how $cientology is THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE THE PLANET; mankind’s only hope.

So has it been all that for you? Or after 30 years, did it just help you overcome your adolescent shyness, and be more confident, something you can’t conceive of having gained without “the tech.” That seems to be the scab that’s left on every Scientologist who has grown or overcome adversity, using “the tech.” They have a universal lack of imagination of what can be accomplished through other methods or simple maturation.

There is an irony though about Hubbard saying Dianetics is as important as the wheel/fire. Computers and the internet ARE as important as the wheel or fire and they are going to roll right over the empire this fake religion has built on lies and abusive control.

Don’t worry, no one is going to try to stop the Free Zoners from believing any nutty they/you want.

Think of it this way. Because of the web, Scientology has evolved into an open book. It is something people can examine, including reading the experiences of happy members, and not-so-happy ex-members, instead of just throwing themselves in it blindly, and doing it, hoping for the best.

Show us a “clear.” Show us the promised “super powers.” It is just way too much baloney, lies and abuse, compared to the benefits derived. Tell us about what Xenu means to you, and how beneficial it is for people to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, and over a decade, removing body thetan clusters.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  26. Old OT 7  08/11/2010 at 19:04

Hey Caro Estrello:

RIGHT ON THE MONEY! This is the world’s biggest scam.

“Make money. Make more money. Get others to make money”

L.Ron Hubbard

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  27. Luke  13/11/2010 at 03:37

Wow… you really know nothing about scientology but have written an article making out that you do! INCREDIBLE! You went in the church with the purpose of damaging it, and THIS is the BEST you can DO? WOW!

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  28. Old OT 7  14/11/2010 at 18:07

@Luke

Wow! All the writer does is relate their experiences inside one of your buildings and that’s the best comeback you have? Wow!

Luke and his family, according to Hubbard descended from CLAMS on some primordial sea millions & millions of years ago. Seriously, you just can’t make this stuff up! Opps! My bad! Hubbard actually did!

Go to: http://www.xenu.net. Scroll down to the bottom of the home page to “Always remember to Laugh.” Click on South Park’s Take On Scientology.” Let it ramp up and enjoy the show. What you will be watching is this cult’s Holy of Holies! OT3 in living color. You only get to read this material after handing over several HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS. Yours for free…

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  29. An Observer  16/11/2010 at 04:24

Scientology is a well crafted role playing con game, It has never even come remotely close to producing a single “Clear” or “OT” which is the supposed result of Scientology, Scientology just produces suckers who are willing to play in Hubbard’s role playing money trap.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
  30. Scientology student MM  23/11/2010 at 01:35

Hello, I’m a Scientologist and I have worked at Narconon and Applied Scholastic schools. Narconon is great, Applied Scholastic schools are great. Almost all of you, above, seem to me to be like raving nuts. Now, I don’t really want to rave myself, because what good does that do? I mean really, you either know what you are talking about or you don’t. Though, it is rather amusing to see all these seemingly crazy people go ballistic.
    ….. A true Scientologist studies his or her materials well, and gets very fine results, indeed. He or she behaves in an ethical fashion and helps others whenever possible. I would like to help now. If you’ve gotten yourself in a mess after trying Scientology, you were probably doing something wrong with the subject. I suspect that most of you first approached Scientology, unlike the writer of this article, you probably did so in a friendly, sincere fashion with the hope of achieving a somewhat better understanding of life, spirituality, and perhaps yourself, just a little bit better. I sincerely hope that you will attempt, at sometime, please, to correct just one small situation where you went off the rails. This, then done, will open the next door to correcting the another larger thing, until at last you can regain the hope and sincerity of which you first approached Scientology. With this restored sincerity you can experience, perhaps, some of the benefits that I have.
    …… I am sincerely sorry that Scientology is not just some simple little thing you can pop into your mouth and achieve gains in that way. It might be true that nothing in life that is that easy actually has merit, I don’t know. I would like to make a slight aside, here, and say that, in my view, psychotropic-type drugs are not something that give lasting gains. They are dependency-forming and addictive. You will only deteriorate, in both mental and physical abilities. Simple little pills that you pop into you mouth, which give you actual gains, they are not. They will mess with the proper function of your body and brain, you will in time, suffer more, not less. Getting back to my original request, please take just one of your Scientology complaints or difficulties and write to one of local the Church of Scientology Presidents and sincerely state the nature and details of your complaint or difficulty and request resolution. If you are not satisfied with the received recommendation, I suggest you forward your reply and your objections to those recommendations, to the Executive Director International in Hollywood, California, USA. Good Luck, Best Wishes.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)