teddy hall crest

Cuppers joy for Teddy Hall

teddy hall crestHaving not played in six weeks, St Edmund Hall RFC were looking forward to having a game against their traditional rivals, Queens, in the Cuppers quarter-final. Although the Hall run out comfortable winners 48-3, it was not as easy a game as the scoreline might suggest.

The opening exchanges were characterised by the strength of the Teddy Hall scrum and driving play which resulted in two tries. Matt Powell led from the front and Queens struggled to contain the power tactics of the St Edmund Hall pack. Myles Watkiss, the Hall flanker, scored a hat-trick and the rest of the scorers were spread throughout the team.

Queens, though, did show glimpses of why they were previously undefeated this year. The width they put on the ball was admirable and they were unlucky to not score a try or two. Their backline was ably commanded by Christian Walters, but the majority of the game was all about the Hall. It will be interesting to see how the physicality and offloading game played by Hall will fare against their opponents in the semi-final.

Ultimately a quality lower division side came unstuck against the physicality of a seasoned Cuppers college.

About

'Cuppers joy for Teddy Hall' have 1 comment

1. 11/03/2013 @ 22:48 Anonymous

What a terrible article! Who is James Dargan?? He must surely be at teddy hall?

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)