JK Rowling shares all at Sheldonian

JK Rowling shares all at Sheldonian

Harry Potter author JK Rowling visited Oxford on Sunday to commemorate Exeter College’s 700th anniversary.

Rowling’s “Mortality and Morality” talk filled the Sheldonian Theatre. Students who attended said that the author revealed interesting details about their much-loved series, such as her initial plan to name her central character Harry Batt instead of Harry Potter, as well as her love for Albus Dumbledore – a character she always saw as morally flawed.

The event was limited to Exeter College students only.

Rowling reportedly told students that death and morality will play a major role in all her future works. There was little mention of the author’s recent revelation that she partly regrets pairing characters Ron and Hermione together. The comments, given to Potter actress Emma Watson, caused outrage among fans, with Rowling adding that Ron and Hermione would probably have needed marriage counselling.

Rowling is known to make post-publication comments on her plots, such as her famous revelation in 2007 that Albus Dumbledore was gay.

Natasha Davey, spokesperson for Oxford University’s Harry Potter Society, said she was “delighted to hear that JK Rowling was planning to celebrate their 700th anniversary with Exeter College”, adding that the many links between Rowling’s series and the city of Oxford made the visit “wholly appropriate”.

Whilst expressing regret that a “large proportion” of her society was unable to attend, Davey hopes that “the visit will facilitate similar events in the future”.

4 Responses to "JK Rowling shares all at Sheldonian"

1. Harry Potter  15/02/2014 at 20:48

Rowling is a comedian. Jessica Mitford came up with the surname of Potter for Harry the wizard on the infamous 4-hour delayed train journey on 30 August 1990. If you wish to know what the meaning of batt is you may wish to look it up on Urban Dictionary. I agree with many other commentators that Albus Dumbledore was likely based on Aleister Crowley. His child murdering ritual is described in his The Book of Law. Rowling witnessed such a ceremony on 19 May 1972 in which the 3 year old boy “Harry Potter” survived because he killed the sadistic paedophile who was trying to rape and strangle him by donkey kicking him in his testicles, i.e. the boy that lived. The date 5-19-72 can refer to both 19 May 1972 and simply May 1972 and provided the basis for the number on the front of the Hogwart’s Express, i.e. 5972. Note the US date system was used because Jessica Mitford had lived mainly in the US before she wrote the Harry Potter series that Rowling edited. The name Hermione can be deciphered as Herm-I-one, i.e. Hermaphrodite-I-one. Yes, Rowling has some balls. Potter was never Batt.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: +4 (from 10 votes)
  2. Anonymous  16/02/2014 at 03:00

Wow, you win for having the craziest conspiracy theory comment I’ve ever heard on the whole of the internet. Good job. That takes some real talent.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: -4 (from 10 votes)
  3. Harry Potter  16/02/2014 at 09:11

Jessica Mitford first described the brain-dead, brainwashed masses as “mugs”. She then changed it to “muggles”. She was a member of the US Communist Party and, according to an FBI list, her husband was a member of the Church of Scientology (cf. Chamber of Secrets). Jessica Mitford was an author and paedophile infected with brain parasites. Quidditch is a metaphor for association football whereby vanity projects for club owners can be summed up as “quid ditch”, i.e. “money lose”. The Deathly Hallows refers to Allhallows, a small village in Kent where the original Lord Voldemort, The Duke of Windsor, died. He returned with the Royal family to the UK in May 1972. The Royal family had been on a state visit to France where they also had visited the Duke and the Duchess. He died in Allhallows because he was having treatment for cancer and recently had had a hernia operation; so a donkey kick in the testicles was deadly. JKR or JOKER is a monarch-programmed slave who was infected with the necessary brain parasite infections during the satanic ritual on 19 May 1972. JKR is a member of the Church of Scientology closely linked to Aleister Crowley’s Ordo Templi Orientis. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction. As for the brain parasite infection Toxoplasma gondii, that many students acquire at university, even though it is described as merely a latent infection, its control over the human race is nigh on absolute. Members of various cults of death (deatheaters) are those most controlled in their behaviour by brain parasites, hence most oppressive to the host species. Toxoplasma gondii is a sexually transmitted disease but its effects and presence, like magic, is invisible to muggles.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: +6 (from 8 votes)
  4. Harry Batt  25/03/2014 at 20:56

‘Harry Batt’ is a great name. I should know.

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)