Brunch in the Lake District: Homeground Coffee + Kitchen

P1310995

If you’re like me and instantly start googling “best brunch spots” as soon as you arrive to a new place, then I’ve got a great hipster brunch place in the Lake District all ready for you.

On a recent weekend trip to the Lakes for some casual hiking, I spent a morning devouring a delicious brunch at Homeground Coffee + Kitchen, a cute little joint bringing brunch and speciality coffee to Windermere in the Lake District.

Homeground Coffee + Kitchen, a cute little joint bringing brunch and speciality coffee to Windermere in the Lake District

A line of eager brunch-goers trailing out the door, meals served on wooden chopping boards, and the presence of almond milk on the menu; this hip joint screamed, “We sell delicious brunch that isn’t just a greasy full English.”

I had the House Sarnie, which was a sort of burger/sandwich: a sourdough ciabatta full of smashed avo (sorry, that’s Australian slang for avocado), streaky bacon, caramelised red onion, rocket, and homemade hash browns. I washed this down with a tasty almond milk white hot choc.

A fab brunch place fit for an Australian (we are very serious about our brunch). If you’re ever in the Lake District make sure you pop in here one late morning.