The Missing Bean: When you’re in the mood for a study break

cafe
Anya Gill

Tucked away on Turl Street, The Missing Bean is located in a quieter corner of Oxford’s city centre. With the Rad Cam just a short walk away, it’s perfect for those much-needed coffee breaks during revision. You’d be lucky to get a table immediately – the cafe is busy at the best of times, with queues peaking around lunchtime. However, even if you can’t spot a free table, the window seats are ideal for watching the world go by. Despite the rush of customers, the staff are super friendly and attentive. Courtesy of Adam, the cafe’s manager, we got to try a selection of homemade cakes. The berry frangipane tart, choc chip blondie or carrot cake were all delicious and would satisfy any sweet tooth. They also cater for different dietary requirements – the tart was gluten free, and the blondie both vegan and gluten free. This extends into their savoury treats – their ciabatta sandwiches include dairy free and vegetarian options. Regular trips here might eat into your student budget – the coffees are slightly pricey, with a large cappuccino costing £2.60. For when the workload is piling up, though, it’s more than worth it. With their range of hot and cold drinks, from indulgent Italian hot chocolate to iced mochas, the Missing Bean is the place to treat yourself, whatever the season.